Saturday, May 19, 2012

So.  I ran the Ice Age 50 mile last weekend.  It was as it always was.... except slower.  Now that Im 50, should I really expect anything else?  All my friends say .... oh - it was slower than last year, but all my friends are 50 too.  It really wasn't all that hot... It was humid, but rankly, Id rather have humid than dry.  I remember backin 1987 or so - I had training in Scotsdale Arizona (in August).  Apparently, the partners of Touche Ross (now Deloitte) thought is was a good idea to invest in a conference center in the desert.  I got off the plane and it was 110 degrees.  but it was dry heat.  WTF, dry heat?  it was like being in a Sauna !  Ive always preferred steam rooms apparently.

Anyways - I ran a 3:50 first half and the second half I got tired.  It was a 4:40.  not what I planned on, but apparently not what anyone else planned on since almost no one passed me.

I didn't shoot anything this week but the dogs did kill about 3 baby raccoons and some bunny's and I did mow over a lemming.  The turkey vultures were quite intrigued today.

No comments:

Post a Comment