Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Never mind and oh how things have changed...

First of all never mind what I said on Sunday.  (we'll get back to that).

Second.  I flew to San Francisco today.  I am in a $99 hotel room.  the picture is out my window, it is a wall and the employee entrance to the "magical" San Leandro Hotel.  While I am on San Francisco bay, this is my view.  The employees, leaving via the employee entrance, tried not to notice me, shirtless after a run, sitting at my desk.  If this were the reality show with curb your enthusiasm music playing, I would be happily, ignorantly (I live in Dodge county on a farm, remember) sitting at my computer, in front of my giant mirror (you can't miss my image as you leave the door) typing away.  Unfortunately, my reality is more real than reality TV, so I smile as each employee leaves, sees me, then tries not to.

Apparently, even though I make substantially more per hout than I did in the 1990's, my lodging accommodations have declined rather a lot .....  guess i'll take the trade off - it's what we do in wisconsin right?

So, what I said on Sunday ........ It is true that I didn't want to run 100 miles that day.  In fact, it is good that I didn't - given that I was stuck on a plane for 4.5 hours today - and I actually had time to kill, so I went for a 7ish ( probably 8ish in Ron miles) mile run today (which is kind of amazing, relatively speaking ...... I only ran 62 miles three days ago - so I might as well go for a run that would be kind of far for lots of people....)- i.e., the whole I like to run thing worked out.  However - I STILL WANT TO RUN ANOTHER 100 MILES !!!!!!   CRAP, CRAP, CRAP - Kathy - are you reading this ????  How do I reconcile not wanting to run 100 miles whilst running 100 miles and wanting to run 100 miles after not running 100 miles !! ???  Do I hear the Hallucination 100  calling?  Is there any 'noobee" out there that needs a "seasoned" (hardly) 100 miler to run Sawtooth with them ?  OH DEAR....... the saga...... the addiction ..... the desire ..... endures !!!crap, crap, crap.

If only my greatest desire was to watch as much baseball (or football, or basketball or NASCAR) as possible......

Guess I'll sleep on it.  but will have to put put in my ear plugs since along with the room with the employee entrance, is some sort of giant compressor machine that kicks in every few minutes.... do these Californians think they have it better than us ?...... !!!!!! Kathy complained last night that Tom was gobbling just too loud ... really !?  really !!!! ??

No comments:

Post a Comment